The ninth in a series of counting my blessings.
- Technology actually worked to make my life easier by allowing me to schedule a dr. visit online on Sunday evening. Awesome.
- Random phone call from Sister KA. And another from AH (that ended with dinner!) Just hearing these friends voices helped my energy level a bit.
- Discovered a new restaurant with good, real food. (Brasa on Hennepin and Central)
- Finally got to hear some outdoor summer music this week: Red Rock Swing Band at the Minnesota History Museum Tuesday night. DS2 went with me and we had a Subway picnic dinner.
- Riding my motorcycle to staff meeting and then to corporate job on Tuesday.
- Finding out that since November, I’ve lowered my total cholesterol from 223 to 161. Stupid oatmeal and exercise works.
- Replacing the switch in the foyer overhead fan…with the help of the boys.
- Finding out today that Sr. BP will be staying here beginning Sept 1. Not only a great opportunity to get to know her better, but also a little boost in the cash flow.
- No sounds of mice and no sightings since I plugged in the three high-frequency repellent dohickies on Friday morning. (Not that that means Mickey and Friends have moved out completely, but there’s been a bit of a reprieve and that made me smile.)
- Getting to sit at the "friends from church" table at SS/JL wedding on Saturday. Almost like another staff happy hour!
- DS2 telling me that I should ride the motorcycle to the wedding "because it would be cool to go to a wedding on a motorocycle."
- My front garden that is full to bursting with blooming wildflowers even when I haven’t done one thing for it besides water it a couple of times.
Powered by Qumana