A full quarter of the year trying to remember to count my blessings, at least on a weekly basis. Some lists are longer than others.
- A boss who is more unplugged and disaffected than I am.
- Boys who realize when I’m done being push-over mommy.
- SKYPE and being able to stay connected to friends who are family that move to foreign lands.
- It’s a Fruit Share week and the peaches are DELICIOUS.
- The ability to give myself permission to dial it back, even if most people couldn’t tell the difference.
- People who tell me I’m intense and mean it as a Good Thing. And then tell me to cut myself some slack.
- SB who continually tells me how much she wants me to be able to stay.
- NS who got a new job this week and is probably going to recommend me for her old one.
- That I can still dream of taking my Big Trip in November enough to make one of the "extra" reservations today.
- Not having to fight the crowds to buy school supplies because they both claim "I have lots of notebooks and mechanical pencils and pens. I might need a couple of erasers."
- A 14 year old who actually managed to clean his room without my help. It took him most of the summer off and on and a real concerted effort the last four days, but he did it. He started with a room that, if it were a whole house would have rivaled some of the messes on one of those cable shows. Knee high toys clothes and whatall everywhere including part of the bed. And now it’s just blankets and pillows on the bed and floor almost everywhere there should be floor. It’s a wonder what mice can do for motivation.
- Not finding any dead mice in the back of my closet when I cleaned it.
- JMC who is going to clean and do projects in exchange for living here for a few weeks. Because she doesn’t have a van that she can live in down by the river.
Powered by Qumana