I missed last week. Certainly not because I didn’t have things for which I was grateful, but because I let busy-ness and fatigue get in my way of writing it down.
Here’s a list of things that have made me happy in the last week (or so)
- Beautiful weather here, including some rain that brought my garden and lawn back to life.
- Watching DS2 play soccer twice this week.
- A car mechanic that is ethical enough to suggest the free fix before charging me to look for something else.
- Having dinner at SB’s on Thursday where she read through my approval essay and laughed at my zingers and agreed that some of the questions were just "poorly worded"
- Getting to help MC pick out an accordion. (I love spending someone else’s money!)
- JMC has conquered Mount Washmore!
- Ambien assisted sleep.
- A boss who is grounded and not at all freaked out by the situation– and funny enough to bring a suitcase in to the office when he’s not quite sure he will have a job at the end of the day.
- Giving myself the rest of the day off yesterday after I sent off my approval essay. Even though there were mountains of other ToDo items I sat my butt down with some cheese and crackers and some grapes and watched 80′s movies until I couldn’t see anymore….or until DS1 and GirlFriend came over to watch a movie I didn’t want to watch.
- That I am done getting upset that they don’t watch movies at X’s house when it’s X’s weekend with the boys.
- Realizing how important to my mental health (such as it is) this blog has been for the last four years. And getting to put that fact into my approval essay. (I did not however, include the URL. There’s just some information not everyone needs.)
- Getting to revisit the question of "Why are you doing all this to yourself?" and still coming up with a good reason.
- Knowing enough when the question was "describe a time of struggle in your life" and other sorts of probing questions to say just enough but not feeling compelled to spill my guts all over the paper again. If they want more details they’ll have to have the guts to ask me to my face.
- Survived my first week of 3 sessions. Two fitness boot camps and one personal session. I’m feeling it in my body and not just in the soreness. The numbers are starting to tease me and I’m just on the edge of dropping into a lower decade.
- The financial hiccup I experienced a couple of weeks ago seems to have cleared up. I have a pretty good pot of money to take on my trip in November. Everything is either paid for or I have the funds to pay for it now. I’m dreaming about getting a little better camera before I go.
- Not hearing any mice or seeing any fresh sign…other than poison levels dropping.
- Feeling rather balanced just now, even while waiting for another shoe to drop.
- Enjoying the fact that I have at least two friends who, when I describe all the stuff going on, can agree with me when I say "It’s a real page-turner! I can’t tell what’s going to happen next and it’s a pretty exciting story!"
Powered by Qumana