This week’s list of things that made me happy.
- My Darling Son #2 turned 15 years old. He is just as sweet and caring as when he was a toddler. But taller.
- My Darling Son #1 has recovered from mono quicker than I ever thought possible.
- Ambien. I’m not kidding. It is so great to know that three or four times a week I can almost guarantee a solid, deep night’s sleep.
- Finding out that X is buying a house this week. This makes me happy because if he’s not living in his parent’s basement it is not only a good example to my boys, but it also means they won’t be spending Wednesday and Thursday evenings and every-other-weekend with my former inlaws.
- Finally caving in to buy new pants (after a fruitless trip to the thrift store) and bringing home something 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing and I size I don’t think I’ve worn since before I was pregnant with DS2.
- Figuring out that at this point, even if I am laid off, I can take my trip in November because I have enough saved that with unemployement I’ll be able to pay the bills. (Not that not going would make any difference, since it is all paid for in advance anyway.)
- Figuring out how to pay my (new since July) $500 deductible with my Medical Savings account that won’t require a cash flow issue (see #6.)
- Making a really delicious birthday dinner for DS2 on Tuesday night, having the housemates join us for the celebration, and having them as witnesses to the crazy that is my mom and sister. (Let’s just say there was the usual drama.)
- Housemate #2 who is exchanging helping out around here for rent finished painting the dining room ceiling.
- Looking through pictures to select a baby pic for DS1′s yearbook and remembering those boys when they were little (OMG were they adorable!)
- Really, finally feeling ready to address my fear of rejection and start doing something about a social life and being OK with not rushing it.
Powered by Qumana