A list of some of the things that made me happy this week and which I therefore count as blessings.
- Barack Obama is our new president elect.
- John McCain’s acceptance speech. Mostly because it was so gracious and the old McCain was visible.
- A country that can actually have a peaceful transfer of power.
- DS1 asking me to make homemade soup for dinner.
- The smiles on so many people’s faces after the election.
- Such a huge turnout at the polls, both nationally and in Minnesota (almost 80% across the state!)
- Letting myself sleep in on Saturday.
- Having blog writer friends who accept the offer to write a guest post for my vacation! (Amazing! Thank you, thank you thank you!)
- Happy hour at the Glockenspiel Restuarant with the church staff.
- Going to the Guthrie Theater with the boys and The Girlfriend.
It is a shorter list than some weeks, but there’s a lot of happy and blessings jammed into each one of those things.
Powered by Qumana