Back in the saddle again! Here’s my weekly list of some of the things that made me happy this week and for which I am most grateful.
- The chance to travel. Especially the chance for international travel.
- Traveling mercies. I love to travel but I’m very glad to be home.
- Boys that are glad to have me home enough to tease me.
- Libby the Wonder Poodle’s greeting both times I came home (Monday from 10-day absence and Saturday from a 4-day trip.)
- Giving presents from my travels to friends.
- ZH and AH and DS1′s Girlfriend came over for dinner tonight and I love cooking for groups.
- Good conversations with other community organizers on the (long) bus ride to and from DC.
- That I have a job to go back to (I think!)
- The contrast of the seasons. Even though I’m having a hard time being grateful for 16 degrees and snow, it is good to see such a contrast. I keep trying to tell myself that I would get bored living in a place with less contrasting seasons.
- Being able to visit places that have less contrasting seasons.
- Christmas (Feast of the Incarnation) is only 17 days away so I have very little time to stress over it.
- Having several people tell me I look rested and that my "worry line" is gone.
- Not being depressed this year by this time of the year.
- Not gaining a pound during my trip.
- Feeling strong and healthy with all the walking I did and carrying a 30 lb. back-pack (not all the time.)
- Actually looking forward to going to my exercise class tomorrow (I better pack that gym bag!)
- Picking up a CD of Gruppo Romm Dracula (www.romdraculas.com) in Florence. I love bringing home music from a trip.
- Staying in a very fancy convention center/hotel in DC and not having to have a roommate.
Soon I’ll have stories and pictures ready from my vacation. Peace.
Powered by Qumana