A full six months of trying to remember to count my blessings. Here’s this week’s list:
- Crazy musician friends at church that think accordion and marimba go very nicely together, thank you!
- Going through the vacation mail (finally) and finding refund checks from the State of Minnesota. (woot!!!)
- Realizing that my car insurance premium was due last Friday and then checking and finding out that I had scheduled the payment (on time) with ePay. (whew!)
- Cocooning on Saturdays in the winter.
- Finding the invitation to the "big" holiday open house in the vacation mail after thinking I had been crossed off the list (M&N)
- a paycheck last Friday
- A Christmas "card" from the Rick Steves’ company that was their European Christmas DVD with lovely choral performances
- Big pot of homemade chicken soup that should last us all week
- Having a lovely conversation with the lady yesterday but coming around to believe that I do NOT need (nor can I afford) to hire a "matchmaker."
- Having children that are past the gluttony stage for Christmas.
- Warm and friendly conversations at the funeral and visitation…even if they were a teensy bit awkward.
- The several inches of precipitation that fell overnight as rain….and that it is not freezing yet, so we won’t have inches of ice under the snow that is coming.
- Getting to eat Christmas cookies that I didn’t have to bake.
- Starting and ending my day with my sunlamp, making this dark of the year less oppressive.
- Having missed both boot camp classes last week but really wanting to go.
- Seeing a few other possibilities for the next job…that would actually be a call and let me out of Corporate Job Hell.
Powered by Qumana