Some things for which I’m grateful this week:
- Friends who walk together through grief at the tragic end of a life.
- The music and friendship that AL gave to us.
- Feeling that no matter how hard my life is, and how much I personally struggle with the insidious feelings of depression, I have not yet lost all hope.
- Personal understanding that AL suffered and died from a disease; just like someone dies after chemo-therapy for cancer or dies from asthma (I’ve known two people who have died from an asthma attack.)
- A new colleague at church. A great ordination service. A great installation service. And a great start of work together.
- Time to nap this weekend.
- Rum & Coke and pizza/hoagie delivery. Ok, the rum and coke wasn’ t delivered.
- A tax refund that allows me to pay off the balance on my credit card and pay back my mom (which apparently had more “interest” than the zero interest Capitol One card. Just saying.)
- Did I mention my gratitude for the Rum & Coke?
The coming week is going to be pretty rough. Between funerals and memorial services, I have two jobs to keep juggling. If you’re the praying sort, I’d appreciate being included. If you’re not a pray-er, the random postive thought, or offer to clean my house and do my laundry would be accepted.
Also, do me a favor and check in on those friends you haven’t heard from in a while.