I gotta say, I’m not feeling much like writing tonight. Or this week. But it’s a discipline. And a lot easier one than exercising. So, a list of a few of the things for which I’m grateful this week:
- Going to parties with G. Parties with my work friends, his work friends, my choir friends, his retired work friends and tomorrow with some of his grief friends. It has been a very social week (or two!) Attending this parties is a delight. I don’t have to hover over him worrying that if I don’t he’ll sit like a lump on a chair or stand in a corner not talking to anyone. Parties where we can have separate conversations or work our way across the room to join the others’ conversation. It’s been a great time.
- DS1 came home from college Friday night.
- Reconnecting with friends from former jobs – networking. It’s been good to get to talk with people I’ve been “too busy” with Evil Corporate Job to see for too long.
- Friday having “Christmas Cheer” with LN (my former boss) and JH (my former contractor/current employee) and then having a glass of Christmas Malbec with LE. Friday was just a party.
- Taking G for his Christmas present and he didn’t freak out. I took him for his/hers pedicures. He wasn’t too sure about it before hand, but I bought him a Sports Illustrated magazine and told him it’s just an hour to sit and relax and do a little self-care (and he has to take care of his feet because of his diabetes.) And he didn’t hate it!
- I’m grateful that this year, because of the weird amount of sunshine we had in November, I’m not nearly as bone-crushingly depressed as I usually am by the Solstice. And knowing that tomorrow is the shortest amount of daylight (sunrise isn’t until 7:48!!!) and that it will start to get better every day after that makes me happy.
- I’m done with gift shopping (I think.) Still have some groceries to get. And I still have a house to clean.
OK. I did it. Now I think I’m going to make myself do a load of laundry before going to bed by 9:00.