I suppose you thought I gave up on this. I know I thought about it. Several times. I certainly started this blog when I was in a different kind of place. And I really think a big part of being able to move through that space was the support I found by blogging, reading blogs and getting involved with this community off the blogosphere. At least peripherally.
To paraphrase a local celebrity: It’s been a quite a month at Chez Journey! And I know many of you are truly interested in seeing pictures and reading details. We’ll get there, I promise. But today, I just want to list a few of the many, many things for which I’m grateful over the last month. In loosely chronological order:
- A wonderful wedding surrounded by unbelievably supportive friends.
- A wedding night surprise of a stay at The St. Paul Hotel (very swanky) in a suite
- A fun and low key trip to the North Shore to share some of my favorite places with G, my Darling Husband (DH) (feels almost as weird to say that as “boyfriend” was!)
- Getting called to do a short paid contract after we got back from our trip
- Going to my friend LN’s son’s wedding the Friday of Memorial Day – and getting to wear my dress again!
- Spending Memorial Day weekend with my DS1 and DS2
- Putting DS1 on the train the evening of Memorial Day so that he could head out to Holden Village for his summer job
- Not having to go to an office job (or any job!) when I came down with a summer cold that same weekend
- Beautiful weather and getting to spend many “wine-o’clocks” on the patio with my new suburban-like lawn in the backyard
- DH understanding and being upset that his dog (rat in a dog suit) keeps pooping and peeing in the house. It’s not a blessing that the dog does it. I’m grateful that G understands that it is upsetting and takes care of the accidents… when he’s home anyway.
- Being able to laugh with G about the “orientation” involved with learning to live together… in my house
- Going to my friends RS and MT wedding (and getting to wear my dress again!)
- Finding some jobs I’m actually interested in applying for – and getting the applications done. (now if I can just get an interview!)
- Showing up to start the Gary Bjorklund Half Marathon in Duluth
- Actually FINISHING the half marathon!!
- Finishing at an average pace of 16 min mile!
- Not feeling really horrible or crippled these last four days after finishing the marathon
- My DH who took care of me and got my Finishers t-shirt and medal for me when I didn’t get one because I’m a RULE FOLLOWER (long story for another post)
- DS1 sending fun and chatty emails from Holden Village
- DS2 seems to be transitioning to G being here just fine
- Getting to use a shower gift to pay for dinner out for our 1-month anniversary
I hope to be around here more often. Details about the wedding and the marathon and such…