It’s Sunday, sports fans, and time to recount many of the things for which I’m grateful this week:
- For the friends who came over for a BBQ last Sunday and introduced us to Persian Corn*.
- For not having to go to fireworks
- For DS2 who volunteered to take Snowball in his room at night “because he doesn’t bark when he’s in my room for some reason.” (he’s still crated all night though)
- For having the flexibility in my schedule to be able to help out at church when PC was out on vacation and The Funeral Of the Year had to take place (480+ people in attendance. Many Lutheran “royalty” — and flying monkeys — in attendance)
- For not having to do PC’s job all the time!!
- For the owner of the training company who said I could invoice half of my project bid instead of waiting until completion to send the invoice (Although I’m still bummed that I feel I might have left money on the table. He didn’t blink at my price and while that could mean he’s a really good poker player, I tend to think that it really means I under bid.)
- For the maturity (FINALLY!) to not obsess about the project and work on the project into the evening or during this weekend (although, I’ll tell you honestly, I’m itching and twitching about it this afternoon!)
- For the chance to attend a farewell party for an amazing young woman (daughter of friends) who is moving to LA to go graduate school.
- For the fact that G’s store is closed on Saturdays this summer so we could go out to Historic Murphey’s Landing with SrMC and SrBC on Saturday. We had a lovely visit together and although we missed getting to see DS as the Fur Trader we had a great time together.
- That the final game of the World Cup is being played today… both because I lose interest in sporting events that last over such a long time, but also that ABC is broadcasting it and it seems that the US is beginning to understand the appeal of the Beautiful Game. 700+ million viewers can’t be wrong.And also because I know more about the rules and strategy of this game than G does, so I can school him on it.
The first half is ending just as I’m finishing this list and I have to say it’s a much rougher game than I’ve seen in a while (that foot in the chest wasn’t a red card??) but I guess it is for all the marbles.