I know my usual day to list the things for which I’m grateful is Sunday, but yesterday was a little full. Here’s my list for this past week:
- I’m grateful that DS1 returned for his sophomore year at Iowa State and all the back story that statement includes.
- I’m grateful that the flood waters had receded and the city water is again safe to drink without boiling.
- I’m grateful that G drove down with me and that DS2 rode back with us.
- I’m grateful that G and X are behaving themselves….even if that means never having to talk about the elephant in the room. I guess if we can talk about the MN Twins and the Oakland A’s and Charley Finley that is enough.
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to take a week-long mini MBA for nonprofit organizations.
- I’m grateful for conversation with SB about my call, my job offer, my life, and where she sees God in all this.
- I’m grateful for an awesome sermon on lectionary texts that spoke directly into my life.
- I’m grateful for the abundance of two households so that we can supply DS1′s apartment and provide for International students’ apartments.
- I’m grateful that the weather has broken and it is no longer tropical dew points around the clock and unbearable heat.
- I’m grateful for looking through DS1′s pictures of his times at Holden to see him taking what he used to tease me for: “weird” pictures of interesting patterns in tree bark, rocks and flowers. And mountains. Along with lots of pics of his new friends from this summer.
OK. I have to be up again tomorrow at Oh-dark-thirty so I better wrap this up and get ready for bed.