Six years ago today I started This Journey. Not the journey itself, but this here blog. It’s hard to believe that I’ve been writing this journal consistently for that long, much less that I’ve been doing it “in public” like this. I treasure the friendships and relationships that have enriched my life through this venue.
Some of the things for which I’m grateful this week are:
- If we have to monkey around with the time – I’m always grateful for the “fall back” night. But I’d rather not monkey with it.
- This Friday I was very very grateful for the end of the work week.
- I’m grateful for the chance to see live theater with DS2 and G. We saw “39 Steps” yesterday at the Guthrie. It wasn’t “truth telling” art; more like a light fluffy tw0-and-a-half hours made expressly to help you forget.
- The weather has been unseasonably warm. Today was in the 60′s! While that is concerning because of global climate change – I’m grateful we were able to use this unseasonable beauty to tidy up the back yard and garage.
- I’m grateful for the kids in my choir this morning and the opportunity to do this work.
- Friday night DS2 and I watched “Return of the King” and G watched too. G has never seen or read LOTR.
- I slept in on Saturday. Since I had to be at church early (7:30) on Sunday for the guitar playing and such, I took the opportunity to have a little Sabbath time on Saturday. I also took a nap after the grocery shopping and errands.
- I’m grateful that I’m not the only one worrying about this stealing of intellectual property in the blogoverse and very grateful that Neil found this cool site that leverages the Creative Commons tags at Flickr. Like Neil I’ve been laze about attributing photos that I use from Google Images. I’ll be better in the future with the ease of this site.
- Making cookies with DS2 tonight.