Yes. It was the Superbowl today. No, I didn’t really watch the game. I usually do watch it, if only for the ads. And also to hang out with people who do watch it. But today, G and I stayed home. Mostly because it’s been a heck of a week around here and I’ve been just exhausted. As in coming home, making dinner and then going to bed around 8:30 several nights this week.
Anyway, I missed most of the game today (and the ads) because I was either a) napping, b) talking to the consultant about the task force meeting next Saturday or c) looking for crap I need to take with me for the week.
So before I head for bed (hoping I didn’t forget too much for the week) I want to spend just a couple of minutes reflecting on the stuff I have to be grateful about. In no particular order, I’m grateful that…
- the superbowl is over.
- my new bishop got this piece published in the newspaper on the Reagan’s 100th birthday.
- I can leave town for a while again during this incredibly long winter
- DS1 has called me twice in the last couple of weeks, to chat. Now, at least once it was transactional in nature (he was getting his passport)
- DS1 is getting his passport and is seriously planning a trip to India this summer (to work for a nonprofit)
- G is letting me sleep when I need to
- I’m going to see SrS at this conference/class
- SrK has announced that she’s expecting a baby!
- that I don’t have to cook for anyone for a week
- that it’s going to be in the 70′s in Phoenix this week