Today I’m going to play along with the RevGals and post about “how I turn it up to 11″ .
As a person who has been (rightly) accused of being an overachiever and a people pleaser I have many examples from which to choose. These are my favorites:
1) That one time in graduate school when we were assigned a research paper and the requirement was 8-10 pages. Mine was around 25. With resources and source materials ordered from England. Hey! I was interested in the topic!
2) Books – not only do I love ‘em, but I’ve married a book lover as well. When we leave this house (one way or another) you’ll need a truck just for all the books.
3) Music – I have a HUGE collection of scores, sheet music, octavos, method books. Lots of music. Some of which I’ll never use again (I really doubt at this point that I’ll actually need my full score of Tosca.) You might need another truck for that.
4) Work – Here’s what I said to JH the other day over lunch. Make of it what you will: “Every day they add more and more projects to my plate and I’m afraid that I can’t see any way that I can leave this (corporate) job and be a hero. I just can’t get it all done.”
5) Instead of just singing an anthem, my kids choir is singing an anthem AND playing guitar on one of the hymns this Sunday.